Module 6: Cryptography
What You’ll Learn
✓ In this module, we introduce you to the fun world of Cryptography and different methods of crypto. We will also go over RSA vs Diffie-Helman vs PGP ending on PKI infrastructure.
- Welcome Video
- Welcome video for cryptography
Cryptography Overview - 25 minutes
- Crypto Basics (12 min)
- Introduction to cryptography and it’s fundamentals
- Crypto Methods (13 min)
- Here we’ll cover the different crypto methods such as symmetric, asymmetric keys, and hashing
Cryptography Details - 53 minutes
- Algorithms: RSA vs Diffie-Helman vs PGP (13 min)
- Taking a look at the first public-key cryptosystems and how it is widely used for secure data transmission.
- PKI Infrastructure (20 min)
- Public Key Infrastructure fundamentals. Explain how certificates work and how a known trusted authority authorizes them.
- Attacks (20 min)
- Cryptographic attacks and what we have to watch out for in this space.
Guidance and Motivation
The program is created by engineering veterans who worked at Cisco, Arista Networks, top VARs, and in the U.S. Air Force. The founders have trained over 1000+ engineers for the military and built this curriculum from the ground up in order to make you job and mission-ready!
Over 40+ years of combined industry experience have been poured out into our Cyber Security Specialist program to take anyone from Zero to Engineer in 14 to 24 weeks.
I’m a Network Engineer, Entrepreneur, and Air Force veteran who is passionate about computer networking, education, and high performance teams. I enjoy people, teaching, learning, business, and cutting edge technology.
Pat Gorman, is a lover of all things tech-related & learning something new every day is his motive. Pat is a huge sports guy and plays soccer and hockey weekly. He enjoys teaching and spreading cybersecurity and other IT knowledge to the world. He holds quite a few IT certifications under his belt