Module 4: Systems and Security
What You’ll Learn
✓ In this module, we introduce the fun world of command line tools, operating system security, WLAN, ACL, Firewall & VPNs, Network segmentation, IDS, IPS, attacks and vulnerabilities and finally we start our transition from networking to cyber security.
- Welcome (8 sec)
- Welcome to the module on Systems and Security where you will learn about networking system architectures such as virtualization and cloud. We will also look at Operating Systems in this module and then dive into Network Security to wrap things up and before moving into Cyber Security.
Operating Systems - 34 minutes
- Host Command Line Tools (18 min)
- Everything has been network devices so far, now let’s take a look at some command line tools available on host devices.
- Operating systems Security (16 min)
- In this lesson, we will take a look at operating systems and how security applies to them.
Network Security - 116 minutes
- Overview of Network Security (10 min)
- Welcome! In this lesson, the core elements of network security will be revealed.
- WLAN Security (19 min)
- Let’s find out the most secure ways to implement a wireless network.
- Access Control Lists (32 min)
- Access Lists have many uses and protect our networks and connections – let’s dive into this important topic!
- Firewalls & VPNs (22 min)
- Let’s make sure we understand the different types of firewalls and VPNs…
- Network Segmentation (8 min)
- The best tool for segmenting networks: VLANs. But wait, there’s more!
- IDS and IPS (6 min)
- You shall not passssss!!! Be sure to check out this lesson to find out what I mean 🙂
- Attacks and Vulnerabilities (19 min)
- In this interesting lesson, we learn about some of the common types of network attacks and some of the ways in which our networks can be vulnerable to attack.
Cyber Security - less than 1 minute
- From Networking to Cyber Security (20 sec)
- Welcome! In this lesson, the core elements of network security will be revealed
Guidance and Motivation
The program is created by engineering veterans who worked at Cisco, Arista Networks, top VARs, and in the U.S. Air Force. The founders have trained over 1000+ engineers for the military and built this curriculum from the ground up in order to make you job and mission-ready!
Over 40+ years of combined industry experience have been poured out into our Cyber Security Specialist program to take anyone from Zero to Engineer in 14 to 24 weeks.
I’m a Network Engineer, Entrepreneur, and Air Force veteran who is passionate about computer networking, education, and high performance teams. I enjoy people, teaching, learning, business, and cutting edge technology.
Pat Gorman, is a lover of all things tech-related & learning something new every day is his motive. Pat is a huge sports guy and plays soccer and hockey weekly. He enjoys teaching and spreading cybersecurity and other IT knowledge to the world. He holds quite a few IT certifications under his belt