FSNE: Introduction (CCNA)
Welcome to the Cisco CCNA Certification Course! In this module, we will have an overview of Cisco certifications and then get started with Introductory concepts and networking knowledge.
Course Introduction - 43 minutes
- Welcome (1 min)
- Welcome to the Cisco CCNA Certification Course! In this module, we will have an overview of Cisco certifications and then get started with Introductory concepts and networking knowledge.
- Cisco and Certification Overview (21 min)
- In this lesson, we’ll break down the CCNA exam and accompanying CCNA certification as well as the exam objectives.
- How to Make the Most of This Course! (21 min)
- This lesson will help you to better understand how to approach the course for maximum effectiveness!
Technical Overview - 11 minutes
- Installing Cisco Packet Tracer (11 min)
- In this lesson, you will learn how to install Cisco Packet Tracer on a Windows, Ubuntu, or Mac computer!
Introduction to Networking - 54 minutes
- What is a Network (16 min)
- Let’s get introduced to the world of Networks!
- Networking Overview (19 min)
- In this lesson, we will discuss general networking, devices, graphical icons, and terms.
- Network Types (19 min)
- We’ll break down the different types of networks: LAN, WAN, CAN, MAN, WLAN, WWAN, SAN and PAN!
Networking Models - 50 minutes
- The OSI Model – Intro to OSI and the 7 Layers (12 min)
- We’ll begin breaking down the OSI model by learning about the 7 layers.
- The OSI Model – Passing Through the Layers (5 min)
- Now that we know what the 7 layers are we can see how data looks as it moves through each layer of the OSI model.
- The OSI Model – Devices and Protocols in OSI (16 min)
- In this lesson, we will look at the OSI model from the perspective of different network devices and the layers at which they function.
- The OSI Model – Remembering the Layers (4 min)
- We’ll wrap up the lessons on the OSI model with some ways to remember the layers from bottom to top and top to bottom.
- The TCP/IP Model (13 min)
- Now that we understand OSI we can quickly deconstruct the TCP/IP Model
Guidance and Motivation
The program is created by engineering veterans who worked at Cisco, Arista Networks, top VARs, and in the U.S. Air Force. The founders have trained over 1000+ engineers for the military and built this curriculum from the ground up in order to make you job and mission-ready!
Over 40+ years of combined industry experience have been poured out into our Full Stack Network Engineering program to take anyone from Zero to Engineer in 14 to 24 weeks.
I’m a Network Engineer, Entrepreneur, and Air Force veteran who is passionate about computer networking, education, and high performance teams. I enjoy people, teaching, learning, business, and cutting edge technology.
20 years in the computer networking industry that has included campus enterprise and Service Provider backbone support. Headed up the problem management team overseeing troubleshooting for all high profile issues at AT&T. Began teaching Cisco networking as a Cisco Netacad Instructor in 2007. My focus is to get students CCNA certified.
I am a Network, Collaboration, and Automation Engineer with a passion for helping others become their technical best. I have worked with and taught technology for over twenty years. Learning Cisco and becoming certified change my life. I am committed to helping others do the same.