Module 1: Getting Started And Preparing For Success
What You’ll Learn
✓ This is an overview of the cyber security program. There is also a platform tour and how to preparing for success.
Introduction - 34 minutes
- Course and Module Welcome (8 sec)
- Welcome to the Introduction to Networking for Cyber Security – a networking foundation that will prepare you for the transition into the Cyber Security Course!
- Team Welcome (42 sec)
- The Cyber Security Team welcomes you!
- Platform Tour ( 9.5 min)
- In this lesson, you will learn how to navigate the feature-rich platform designed to enhance your learning.
- Cyber Security Program Overview (8 min)
- NexGenT Community (16 min)
- The NexGenT Community is all about collaboration with the community to maximize your learning potential.
Preparing for Success - 76 minutes
- How to Make the Most of This Program (11 min)
- In this lesson we will discuss key topics that will help you to succeed!
- Cyber Security Career Paths (8 min)
- In this lesson we will break down the Cyber Security career path and understanding the IT ecosystem so you will have a better understanding of how to approach your career in this technical specialization.
- Mindset, Habits, & Secrets to Success (40 min)
- In this lesson we will provide some very motivational content and help you understand how to take your success to the next level and beyond!
- Your Vision Board and Career Paths (17 min)
- In this lesson you will meet our Career Services team, learn how to create a vision board and what you can expect related to career services moving forward
Guidance and Motivation
The program is created by engineering veterans who worked at Cisco, Arista Networks, top VARs, and in the U.S. Air Force. The founders have trained over 1000+ engineers for the military and built this curriculum from the ground up in order to make you job and mission-ready!
Over 40+ years of combined industry experience have been poured out into our Cyber Security Specialist program to take anyone from Zero to Engineer in 14 to 24 weeks.
I’m a Network Engineer, Entrepreneur, and Air Force veteran who is passionate about computer networking, education, and high performance teams. I enjoy people, teaching, learning, business, and cutting edge technology.
Pat Gorman, is a lover of all things tech-related & learning something new every day is his motive. Pat is a huge sports guy and plays soccer and hockey weekly. He enjoys teaching and spreading cybersecurity and other IT knowledge to the world. He holds quite a few IT certifications under his belt