Module 8: Secure Protocols
What You’ll Learn
✓ In this module, we dive deeper into TCP/IP, TLS, SDLC and some case studies.
- Welcome Video
- Welcome video for Secure Protocols!
Protocols Overview - 70 minutes
- Secure Applications (28 min)
- Issues faced and best practices to secure applications.
- TCP / IP ( 16 min)
- TCP/IP Fundamentals.
- TLS (26 min)
- TLS Basics.
Protocols Applied - 40 minutes
- Protecting Servers (21 min)
- Best practices to protect and defend servers against malicious attacks!
- Secure SDLC (18 min)
- Best practices for secure design lifecycles during product development.
Case Studies - 15 minutes
- Heartbleed – OpenSSL (8 min)
- Case study regarding the OpenSSL hack.
- Equifax Data Breach (7 min)
- Case study regarding the giant Equifax data breach.
Guidance and Motivation
The program is created by engineering veterans who worked at Cisco, Arista Networks, top VARs, and in the U.S. Air Force. The founders have trained over 1000+ engineers for the military and built this curriculum from the ground up in order to make you job and mission-ready!
Over 40+ years of combined industry experience have been poured out into our Cyber Security Specialist program to take anyone from Zero to Engineer in 14 to 24 weeks.
I’m a Network Engineer, Entrepreneur, and Air Force veteran who is passionate about computer networking, education, and high performance teams. I enjoy people, teaching, learning, business, and cutting edge technology.
Pat Gorman, is a lover of all things tech-related & learning something new every day is his motive. Pat is a huge sports guy and plays soccer and hockey weekly. He enjoys teaching and spreading cybersecurity and other IT knowledge to the world. He holds quite a few IT certifications under his belt